Prior to Treatment:
Prior to the Dermapen treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 7 days prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Dermapen treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please arrive with your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
- We will be applying a topical numbing cream to the area 30 minutes prior to your treatment.
What Can Be Expected:
After your Dermapen treatment, please be aware and observe the following:
- Immediately after your Dermapen treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Your practitioner will prescribe post-procedure skincare to help soothe, calm, and protect the skin. Continue to use for 4-5 days, morning and evening.
- Gentle skincare can be resumed again after Day 4-5.
Be certain to adhere to the following post-treatment instructions:
- CLEAN – Use a soothing cleanser or face wash with tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands and face towels are clean when touching the treated area.
- HEAL – Use the ampoules both morning and night.
- HYDRATE – Following your Dermapen treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal, the Biopelle Tensage ampoules is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance. You should not need any other product for moisturizing.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your Dermapen treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate collagen, the ampoules will help the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
- Cool the area with ice packs as needed.
- Sleep elevated for the first 24 hours).
- No Retinols for 7 Days pre & post treatment.
- Use gauze (Soaked in 1 tbsp White Vinegar and 1 Cup Water) 3-4 times a day to cleanse the skin. EUP – It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 12 hours after the procedure. A mineral make-up is the only kind recommended in the 5 days post-procedure.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a SPF30+. A chemical-free sunscreen, Elta MD, is highly recommended. Use your sunscreen at least 7 days post procedure.
What to Avoid:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 7 days post treatment do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 5 days post procedure. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.